Fresh take on an old favourite
Shake up tradition with this interesting, fresh take on a culinary standby.
- 2 heads baby cos (roughly chopped in large pieces)
- 1 head butter lettuce (roughly chopped in large pieces)
- 150g green grapes (split in half)
- 150g lightly toasted walnuts
- 150g celery sliced thinly on a slight angle
- 150g Granny Smith apple diced in cubes (can be kept in acidulated water until needed)
- 100g breakfast radish sliced thinly (keep in chilled water till needed)
- ¼ bunch picked tarragon leaves
- 80g blue cheese (crumbled up or chopped small)
- 20g Dijon mustard
- 50g apple cider vinegar
- 15g honey
- 300ml blend olive oil
For the dressing, with a stick blender (or whisk) blend blue cheese, honey, apple cider vinegar and mustard together and slowly add in olive oil.
For the salad, mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl (except for the radish and tarragon) and then add the dressing and mix softly.
Place in a serving bowl and use the sliced radish and tarragon to garnish.